Whidbey Surprise & Delight gift set (supports 10 local families)$75.00
In this Whidbey Surprise & Delight gift set, your loved one will receive one hand-painted, one-of-a-kind mandala stone, and one handmade--with Whidbey Island grown-and-ethically gathered plants--soap, cuticle balm, shampoo bar, and dish soap bar, plus a locally handmade soap rest, a locally made hand-poured beeswax candle, and a gift tag with your message handwritten on it. You support 10 local families by choosing this box--herbalists, soap makers, beekeepers, farmers, artists, wood carvers, and candlemakers. Gift box contents (one per box):
- One-of-a-kind, hand-painted mandala stone. Hand-painted by our artist friend Renee of Freeland Art Shack here on Whidbey. Whether used as a meditation stone, a worry stone, or as a piece of art, it's a restful and relaxing gift. The mandala stones in this gift set will vary in color from shades of vibrant orange to shades of deep pink.
- Left Coast Love soap. Made with windfall Douglas fir branches (gathered after winter windstorms), our own spearmint (grown at Ritual Mischief), and hand dried and ground lemon peel. It’s a celebration of west coast generosity and abundance from Mexico to Canada. This coast's wish for you: may you recognize yourself as a blessing in this place and notice the wonder within you in the presence of west coast forests, fields, mountains, waters, & peoples.
- Moment of Wonder cuticle balm. This balm was created to support peace of mind and dry cuticles by plants, lichens, and women who love humans--that is, lavender, rosemary, dandelions, oatstraw, usnea lichen, and me, supported by more herbalists, women, ancestors, plants, and trees than I can name.
- The Radiance of Playful People shampoo bar. Made to celebrate our community here on Whidbey, they hold our own nasturtium and rosemary plus comforting wild rose hips ethically gathered on friends' nearby trusted land to support you in loving life and your hair. These bars, in particular, are a tribute to my total bas ass, powerful, kind, funny, outspoken, and lovely friends and elders here on Whidbey: people who show up fully in person--inviting others to do the same--to comfort and support each other and to create change within themselves that then ripples out into the community and larger world.
- Lemon Verbena, Oranges & Lemons dish soap bar. Made with our own lemon verbena combined with the essential oils of oranges and lemons we love, we made these to bring a bit of sunshine to daily chores and dark gray winter days.
- Western red cedar soap rest. Created by our friends at Mountain Tree Farm in Arlington, WA with windfall western red cedar from their own well-loved and listened-to land. We've known and loved this wonderful family for 24 years. We're so lucky to know them!
- Beeswax candle. Carefully sourced and hand-poured by our new friends at Helios Botanicals in Normandy Park, Washington. This brand-new business is run by kind, thoughtful, gentle, and I'm just going to say it--totally adorable--human beings.
A holiday gift tag/card. The gift set includes a small gift tag/card (example in the photo). If I'm shipping this directly to your loved one, be sure to include a gift message in the Comments field as you check out, and I'll write your message on the gift tag/card!
Whidbey folks, you can choose the Pick Up option to avoid shipping costs at check out, and you can pick up from our herbal studio here. I'll email you to arrange a time for you to pick up. If you're shipping for Christmas, we ship U.S.P.S. Priority, and we recommend ordering by December 12, 2022 ideally, and at the very latest December 16th, 2022. If there's another winter holiday you're aiming for (hurray for Diwali, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Boxing Day, and birthdays!), please try to allow 10 calendar days for shipping in the continental US. It likely won't take nearly that long, but we don't want to disappoint you if the post office decides to take its sweet time!
Local families supported: Ritual Mischief, Gina White, Whidbey Island Seed, Freeland Art Shack, Lavender Wind Farm, Helios Botanicals (3 families), Mountain Tree Farm, Hive Harvest.
Storage and life of the Ritual Mischief products: To extend the life of our soap bars, shampoo bars, and dish soap bars, store them where they can dry quickly after use and where they don't get regular spray from the faucet. Store the cuticle balm in a cool location away from direct sunlight. Best to use the cuticle balm within 18 months of purchase.
Size of soap, shampoo, and dish soap bars: Four-ounce bars. These are made by hand in small batches and hand cut by cool women, not machines. This means most bars are 4 ounces and that the bars can range from 3.9 ounces to 4.4 ounces, most are 4 or more. We keep anything smaller than that for ourselves and our families, to give as gifts to neighbors in need, and to cut up and give as free surprises and samples to people who buy our products. We're not machines, people, nor do we want to be. :-) Size of cuticle balm: Two ounces.
Ingredients in the Ritual Mischief offerings:
- Left Coast Love soap. Whidbey Douglas fir (ethically gathered after winter windstorms) and spearmint (grown at Ritual Mischief) infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, organic coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, sea and French green clays, dried lemon peel, lemon and fir essential oils.
- Moment of Wonder cuticle balm. Whidbey lavender and rosemary (grown here at Ritual Mischief), Whidbey dandelion flowers and windfall usnea lichen (from Ritual Mischief and gathered from neighboring fields and forests), and oatstraw (from Mountain Rose Herbs) infused in organic extra virgin olive oil for 6 weeks to 4 months depending on the plant/lichen, plus local HiveHarvest beeswax, and two drops per tin of lavender essential oil from Lavender Wind Farm on Whidbey.
- The Radiance of Playful People shampoo bar. Whidbey nasturtiums and rosemary (grown here at Ritual Mischief where no poison spraying happens) and wild rosehips (grown on friends' land where no spraying happens) infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, plus organic coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, sodium hydroxide, distilled water, sodium lactate, rose & rose geranium & rosemary essential oils, tiny pinch of red clay to color the bar (not your hair).
- Lemon Verbena, Oranges & Lemons dish soap bar. Organic coconut oil, Whidbey lemon verbena infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, hand dried and grated orange zest, sodium hydroxide, Valencia orange and lemon essential oils.
Packaging: See the Packaging page of this website for details.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this page is for general reference for further exploration and study. It is not intended as a replacement for professional medical advice. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See the Medical Disclaimer page of this website for more details.