Give Mom--and any people with great mothering energy who you love--a gift of love from both you and our Pacific Northwest community! This gift set includes a handmade local plant-infused soap, lotion bar, and lip balm from Lori on Whidbey (Gina helps make the soaps!), a handcrafted soap rest from Teresa of Mountain Tree Farm in Arlington, and a handwoven scrubbie (body-scrubbing envelope for around the soap) from Gina in Seattle. At checkout, you have the option of adding one of our three new shampoo bars to the set for an extra $7!
On-island friends, you can pick up this Mother's Day gift set here at Silly Dog Studios in Langley or I can meet you in Coupeville or Oak Harbor most Sundays. Off-island friends and friends with moms off island, we're happy to ship in the continental US for a flat $9 fee. Order by Friday, April 29 to ensure delivery by Mother's Day, which is May 8th.
The gift set includes one:
- Calendula Rose (peace & love within full heart presence) soap. Our Calendula Rose soap holds the powerful loving and peaceful presence of our own Whidbey-grown roses and calendula flowers. We slow-infuse them into olive oil for 6 to 10 weeks. We also make a strong tea out of them for these special soaps, so they hold these wise flowers two different ways.
- Love You lotion bar. This year our Love You lotion bar is made with locally grown calendula and roses and trusted women friends' lilacs. We sprinkle dried calendula, rose petals, and lilac flowers over the top of the lotion bars to make them smell even better and look beautiful. The name of this bar was inspired by Lori’s mom, Linda, whose eyes still light up—after almost 20 years living with Alzheimer's disease—when she hears the words "Love You Mom."
- Whidbey Dandelion Lavender Rose lip balm. Gentle balm for your lips. Made with local dandelion, lavender, roses, and cottonwood buds infused in organic olive oil and local beeswax. No essential oils added, so this lip balm is safe for sharing with kids too.
- Windfall western red cedar soap rest. A beautiful place to rest a beautiful soap. Ensures rapid drying, which prolongs the life of the bar, and helps turn using this emotionally supportive soap into a lovely self-care ritual.
- Handmade reusable body-scrubbie. Created to make holding the soap in the shower or bath easier and for scrubbing away the worries and other dirt of the day.
At checkout, you can add one of our new Whidbey Lavender Rosemary Mint shampoo bars, Love My Curls Frizz & Flyaways shampoo bars, or our The Radiance of Playful Elders shampoo bars to this Mother's Day gift set for only $7 more!
Additional product details for core gift set products
Local plant-infused offerings:
- Calendula Rose soap is a 4-ounce bar (hand cut). Ingredients: Whidbey-grown calendula flowers (whole flower) and rose petals (grown here at Silly Dog Studios) infused in organic extra virgin olive oil, organic coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, calendula and rose teas (our own) made with distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, rose clay, jojoba oil, and rose and geranium essential oils. Storage and life of the bar: To extend the life of the bar, store it where it can dry quickly after use and where it doesn't get regular spray from the faucet.
- Love You lotion bar is 2 ounces (hand poured) to make it easy to hold and use. Ingredients: Whidbey-grown calendula flowers, lilac flowers, and wild roses infused in organic extra virgin olive oil, plus organic coconut oil, shea butter, local beeswax, and a few drops of rose absolute essential oil (rose essential oil in jojoba oil). Dried Whidbey-grown calendula (ours), lilac (friends), and wild rose petals (ethically gathered from trusted friends' lands) crumbled across the top.
- Whidbey Dandelion Lavender Rose Lip balm is a convenient 1-ounce size. Ingredients: Whidbey-grown dandelion flowers, roses, & lavender and cottonwoods buds from Arlington, WA (Mountain Tree Farm) and Whidbey infused in organic extra virgin olive oil, plus shea butter, beeswax, one drop of castor oil, and beetroot powder (for slight pink tint in the tin--not enough to tint lips).
The body scrubbie is handwoven, cotton, and created to hold the 4-ounce bar of soap. Each one is unique. Most are pink and white. Some are orange, green, and white. Colors may vary. The handmade windfall western red cedar soap rest is 3.5 inches wide, 4.5 inches long, and just under an inch tall. They have small cork feet applied to allow a little airflow beneath the soap rest. They also work fine without the feet. Each one is unique.
Packaging: We're being as environmentally conscious as we can think to be. At the moment, we use food-safe, compostable paper bags and a small paper label to wrap the soaps and reusable metal tins to hold the lotion bars and lip balms. The lip balm contain has a screw top lid so the lid doesn't easily slide off if it lives in your purse or backpack. The lotion bar as a slip-off lid. The soap rest and the body scrubbie have no packaging.
Medical disclaimer Don't use a body product if you are allergic to the ingredients, and stop using a product if your body doesn't like it. These gentle plants have been used and trusted for generations, and the local plants in these products are our trusted friends and allies, and yet we all respond to plants differently--that is the nature of relationships with the living. To make well-informed decisions for yourself--especially if you haven't used these plants on your skin before--seek the guidance of your qualified health professional, such as your medical doctor, nurse practitioner, naturopathic physician, and/or clinical herbalist with questions regarding your medical conditions, dosage information, and possible interactions with prescription drugs. This is especially important if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking prescription drugs, have a chronic disease or any chronic health concern, and/or you have allergies. These products are not drugs--they are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.