A celebration of this beloved place and those who live here! The Whidbey West Coast Celebration gift set includes one Whidbey Relax & Recharge lotion bar, one Left Coast Love soap, one Camping & Gardening soap, and one Radiance of Playful Elders shampoo bar in an evergreens gift box. Our:
- Whidbey Relax & Recharge lotion bar is made with windfall Douglas fir branches that we gather after winter windstorms, with our own grown-at-Ritual Mischief chamomile, lavender, spearmint, peppermint, and rosemary, plus local Douglas fir essential oil by our friends at Whidbey Herbal and lavender essential oil by Lavender Wind Farm on Whidbey too. Hold the bar in your palms until it begins to melt then use like regular body lotion.
- Camping & Gardening soap holds our own grown-at-Ritual Mischief lemon balm and kale plus windfall Douglas fir and western red cedar branches gathered after winter storms. Soothing for work-and-outdoor-play-rough hands, and what can I say? I like to smell like the outdoors here when I garden and camp! When camping, cut the bar into pieces--using one as soap and shampoo and one as dish soap. Celebrate movement!
- Left Coast Love soap is made with windfall Douglas fir branches, our own spearmint, and dried lemon peel. It’s a celebration of the whole left coast from the cool north (Douglas fir) to the warm south (lemons) or vice versa. May you recognize yourself as a blessing in this place and notice the wonder within you in the presence of all west coast forests, waters, mountains, & peoples. Celebrate the land and her people!
- The Radiance of Playful People shampoo bar honors the playful people of Whidbey, particularly the wild, wonderful, and hilarious women who come together and get big things DONE around here! The bars hold our own grown-at-Ritual Mischief nasturtium and rosemary plus wild rosehips ethically gathered on friends' nearby trusted land infused into organic olive oil to support you in loving life and your hair. Celebrate yourself, women, and life!
We ship this gift set in an evergreens gift box (see photos).
Whidbey folks, you can choose the Pick Up option to avoid shipping costs at check out, and you can pick up from our herbal studio here. We can ship priority in the continental US until December 16, 2022 to get this gift to someone in time for Christmas. If there's another winter holiday you're aiming for (hurray for Diwali, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Boxing Day and more!), please try to allow 10 calendar days for shipping in the continental US. It likely won't take that long but we don't want to disappoint you if the post office decides to take its sweet time!
Storage and life of the offerings: Store the lotion bar in a cool place and out of direct sunlight. Best used within 18 months of purchase. To extend the life of soaps and shampoo bars, store them where they can dry quickly after use and where they don't get regular spray from the faucet. Unused, they'll last a very long time (four years and counting since we made our first one). Store unused bars for future use in a dry place, and ideally in their boxes, because darkness is protective of both the color and the natural scents of these bars, too. Although even if stored for a long time and the outer layer of the soap loses some scent, the scent is within and will return when you use it.
Size of soap and shampoo bars: Roughly 4-ounce bars. These are made by hand in small batches and hand cut by cool women, not machines. This means most bars are 4 ounces and that the bars can range from 3.9 ounces to 4.4 ounces, most are 4 or more. We keep anything smaller than that for ourselves and our families, and to give as gifts to neighbors in need (last year it was soaps to a local homeless shelter and to frontline healthcare workers at my mom's memory care home), and to cut up and give as free surprises and samples to those who buy our products. We're not machines, people, nor do we want to be. :-) Size of lotion bar: Always at least 2 ounces. Typically, 2.2 to 2.3 ounces. Hand poured by cool women.
Ingredients in the soap and shampoo bars:
- Whidbey Relax & Recharge lotion bar. Windfall Douglas fir branches (gathered on Whidbey after winter storms) and grown-on-Whidbey (at Ritual Mischief or from our neighbors) chamomile, lavender, rosemary, spearmint, and peppermint infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, plus coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, and a few drops of Douglas fir essential oil (from Whidbey Herbal), fir essential oil, and lavender essential oil (from Lavender Wind Farm on Whidbey).
- Camping & Gardening soap. Whidbey lemon balm (grown at Ritual Mischief) and Whidbey windfall Douglas fir and western red cedar branches infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, Whidbey kale (grown at Ritual Mischief), lemon juice, and cedar, fir, & patchouli essential oils.
- Left Coast Love soap. Whidbey windfall Douglas fir branches (gathered after winter windstorms) and grown-at-Ritual Mischief spearmint infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, organic coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, sea and French green clays, dried lemon peel, lemon and fir essential oils.
- The Radiance of Playful People shampoo bar. Whidbey nasturtiums and rosemary (grown at Ritual Mischief) and ethically gathered wild rosehips (grown on trusted friends' land where no spraying happens) infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, organic coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, sodium hydroxide, distilled water, sodium lactate, rose & rose geranium & rosemary essential oils, tiny pinch of red clay to color the bar (not your hair).
Packaging: See the Packaging page of this website for more details. Soap and shampoo bar packaging is reusable, compostable, and in many areas is recyclable. Lotion bar tin is reusable and recyclable in many areas.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this page is for general reference for further exploration and study. It is not intended as a replacement for professional medical advice. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See the Medical Disclaimer page of this website for more details.