We offer this gift set so you can show yourself some love or tell another person or family that you love them. The set includes one lotion bar, one lip balm, either one or two soaps (your choice):
- Love You lotion bar (2 oz), made with wild rose petals we ethically gathered here on Whidbey, plus our own skin-loving Calendula flowers, and friend Dawna's lilacs. Dried flower petals grace the top of the bar, too. Comes in a gold reusable tin with slip-off cap.
- Dandelion Lavender Rose lip balm (1 oz), made with our own lip-loving roses and lavender plus ethically gathered local dandelion flowers and cottonwood buds. Made gentle enough for children as well as adults. Comes in a round, silver, reusable screw-top tin. The screw top is handy (won't come off on its own) for those who carry lip balm in their bag or purse.
- Your choice of either our 1) Kitchen Garden Rose soap, made with our own roses and a bit of rose clay so it's a super softening soap for both face and body, or 2) our new Peppermint Comfrey Aloe soap that’s comforting and refreshing, or 3) both soaps. Your choice at time of purchase.
- Extra bonus, just ask: If you’d like, I can include a postcard with a vintage Valentine’s Day imagine and write a message for you if you’re giving this as a gift for Valentine’s Day or a simple botanical card if you're gifting this another time of the year. Just ask for that in the comments field at time of purchase and include the message you’d like written on the postcard.
The set will be wrapped in tissue paper and placed in a Silly Dog Studios gift bag. We’ll ship this gift set anywhere in the continental US for a flat $9 shipping rate. Locals, choose Pick Up at time of purchase to save on shipping. You can stop by the herbal studio most Saturdays (11 am to 3 pm) to pick it up (check Facebook or Instagram to make sure I'm not away), or I will email to arrange another pick up time for you when I receive the order.
- Love You lotion bar: Our own calendula flowers, friend Dawna's lilac flowers, and ethically gathered (by me) Whidbey wild rose petals and buds (windblown rugosa roses near the coast) infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, plus coconut oil, shea butter, beeswax, and a few drops of Now Absolute rose essential oil. There are also a few dried rose petals, lilac flowers, and calendula flowers sprinkled across the top of the bar.
- Kitchen Garden Rose soap: Our own roses (petal, bud, new leaf) infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, plus organic coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, rose clay, rose geranium essential oil blend, jojoba oil, and rose essential oil.
- Peppermint Comfrey Aloe soap: Our own peppermint plus comfrey leaves and flowers (from our friends in Arlington) infused in organic extra virgin olive oil, plus organic coconut oil, shea butter, organic aloe vera, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, kaolin clay, sea clay, peppermint essential oil.
- Whidbey Dandelion Lavender Rose lip balm: Ethically wild-gathered local dandelion flowers, our own rose petals + buds and lavender, and ethically wild-gathered local cottonwood buds (from trees on friends' farms) infused into olive oil, plus Shea butter, beeswax, one drop of castor oil per tin, and a pinch of beet root powder, added to give the balm a subtle pink tint in the tin—not enough added to make the balm color or stain lips pink.
Notice for people who live in warmer climates: Our lotion bars were made for locals and formulated for the Pacific Northwest in the U.S. They begin to melt at body temperature. If you live in a place substantially warmer than here (where summer temps are usually around 70-75 degrees F), you may find them too melt-y for your taste. Also, if we ship them to you during warm months, watch for them and get them out of your warm mailbox or out of the box on your warm porch ASAP so you don't end up with a lotion puddle instead of a lotion bar.
Medical disclaimer: The information on this page is for general reference for further exploration and study. It is not intended as a replacement for professional medical advice. seek the guidance of your qualified health professional, such your medical doctor, nurse practitioner, naturopathic physician, and/or clinical herbalist with questions regarding your medical conditions, dosage information, and possible interactions with prescription drugs. This is especially important if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, taking prescription drugs, have a chronic disease or any chronic concern, have allergies, or if you are using this product with young children. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.