We've been having so much fun making dish soap bars this year. Those of us who love them--and even lean on them as self-care--REALLY love them. It's wonderful to get to turn something that was an annoying chore into something relaxing, soothing and comforting. Plus giving up single-use plastic feels good too. And the bars work great, even though they don't fill the sink full of bubbles like commercial dish liquid does. This Whidbey Dish Bar Love gift set includes one Lemon Peel Mint dish bar, one Peppermint Comfrey dish bar, and one Lemon Verbena, Oranges & Lemons dish bar in an evergreens gift box. Our:
- Lemon Peel Mint dish soap bar holds our own grown-at-Ritual Mischief peppermint and spearmint plus hand-dried and grated lemon peels. An invigorating bar for gray winter days!
- Peppermint Comfrey dish soap bar holds our own grown-at-Ritual Mischief peppermint plus comfrey leaves and flowers from friends' trusted nearby land. The peppermint and coconut in this bar are for your dishes and the comfrey is for your hands.
- Lemon Verbena, Oranges & Lemons dish soap bar. Our grown-at-Ritual Mischief lemon verbena plays with oranges and lemons in this one. Refreshing!
We ship this gift set in an evergreens gift box (see photos).
Whidbey folks, you can choose the Pick Up option to avoid shipping costs at check out, and you can pick up from our herbal studio here. We can ship priority in the continental US until December 16, 2022 to get this gift to someone in time for Christmas. If there's another winter holiday you're aiming for (hurray for Diwali, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, and Boxing Day!), please try to allow 10 calendar days for shipping in the continental US. It likely won't take that long but we don't want to disappoint you if the post office decides to take its sweet time!
Storage and life of the offerings: To extend the life of a dish soap bar, store it where it can dry quickly after use and where it doesn't get regular spray from the faucet. Unused, they'll a very long time (four years and counting since we made our first one). Store bars for future use in a dry place, and darkness is protective of the color of these bar, too.
Size of dish soap bars: Roughly 4-ounce bars. These are made by hand in small batches and hand cut by cool women, not machines. This means most bars are 4 ounces and that the bars can range from 3.9 ounces to 4.4 ounces, most are 4 or more. We keep anything smaller than that for ourselves and our families, and to give as gifts to neighbors in need (last year it was soaps to a local homeless shelter and to frontline healthcare workers at my mom's memory care home), and to cut up and give as free surprises and samples to those who buy our products. We're not machines, people, nor do we want to be. :-)
Ingredients in the dish soap bars:
- Lemon Peel Mint dish soap bar. Organic coconut oil, Whidbey peppermint and spearmint infused into organic olive oil for 6 to 8 weeks, dried lemon zest, sodium hydroxide, and lemon essential oil.
- Peppermint Comfrey dish soap bar. Organic coconut oil, Whidbey peppermint (grown at Ritual Mischief) and local comfrey (gathered on trusted friends' lands) infused into organic olive oil for 6 to 8 weeks, sodium hydroxide, and peppermint essential oil.
- Lemon Verbena, Oranges & Lemons dish soap bar. Organic coconut oil, Whidbey lemon verbena (grown at Ritual Mischief) infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, hand dried and grated orange zest, sodium hydroxide, Valencia orange and lemon essential oils.
Packaging: See the Packaging page of this website for more details. Dish soap bar packaging is reusable, compostable, and in many areas is recyclable.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this page is for general reference for further exploration and study. It is not intended as a replacement for professional medical advice. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See the Medical Disclaimer page of this website for more details.