Whidbey Rest & Recharge gift set (supports 8 local families)$70.00
Our community asked for this gift set this year, so we made it! In this Rest and Recharge gift set, your loved one will receive one handmade (with Whidbey grown-and-gathered plants) soap, lip balm, shampoo bar, dish soap bar, lotion bar, a handmade soap rest, a one-of-a-kind hand-painted mandala stone, and a gift tag with your message handwritten on it. By choosing this box, you're supporting eight local families--herbalists, soap makers, farmers, beekeepers, wood carvers, and artists. Gift box details (one per box):
- One-of-a-kind, hand-painted Mandala stone. Hand-painted by our friend Renee at Freeland Art Shack here on Whidbey. Whether used as a meditation stone, a worry stone, or as a piece of art, it's a restful and relaxing gift. Mandala stones in this gift set will vary in color from shades of green to shades of blue.
- Rest soap. This soap contains our own lavender, catmint, and chamomile, plus a bit of purple clay softness and activated charcoal and a bit of lavender and chamomile essential oils to round out the scent. It smells AMAZING! A great nighttime face washing or shower-before-bedtime soap.
- Whidbey Forest Kiss lip balm. Perfect for wintertime dry lips, this balm contains local, ethically foraged windfall Douglas fir, cottonwood buds, and plantain leaves and our own lemon balm.
- Whidbey Lavender Rosemary Mint shampoo bar. Our most popular shampoo bar last year!
- Lavender & Lemons dish soap bar. We made these to bring a bit of sunshine to daily chores and dark gray winter days.
- Whidbey Beach Feet Relief lotion bar. A lotion bar for tired feet, ankles, and calves--whether that's from beach walking, hiking, gardening, skiing, aging, or working all day long!
- Western red cedar soap rest. Created by our friend Teresa of Mountain Tree Farm in Arlington, WA with windfall western red cedar.
A holiday gift tag. The gift set includes a small gift tag/card. If I'm shipping this directly to your loved one, be sure to include a gift message in the Comments field as you check out, and I'll write your message on the gift tag/card!
Whidbey folks, you can choose the Pick Up option to avoid shipping costs at check out, and you can pick up from our herbal studio here. If you're shipping for Christmas, we ship U.S.P.S. Priority, and we recommend ordering by December 12, 2022 ideally, and at the very latest December 16th, 2022. If there's another winter holiday you're aiming for (hurray for Diwali, Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Boxing Day, and also just because gifts!), please try to allow 10 calendar days for shipping in the continental US. It likely won't take that long, but we don't want to disappoint you if the post office decides to take its sweet time!
Families supported: Ritual Mischief, Gina White, Whidbey Island Seed, Freeland Art Shack, Mountain Tree Farm, Rainy Day Flora, Lavender Wind Farm, and Hive Harvest.
Storage and life of the products: To extend the life of our soap bars, shampoo bars, and dish soap bars, store them where they can dry quickly after use and where they don't get regular spray from the faucet. Store the lip balm and lotion bar in cool locations away from direct sunlight. Best to use the lip balm and lotion bar within 18 months of purchase.
Size of soap, shampoo, and dish soap bars: Four-ounce bars. These are made by hand in small batches and hand cut by cool women, not machines. This means most bars are 4 ounces and that the bars can range from 3.9 ounces to 4.4 ounces, most are 4 or more. We keep anything smaller than that for ourselves and our families, to give as gifts to neighbors in need, and to cut up and give as free surprises and samples to people who buy our products. We're not machines, people, nor do we want to be. :-) Size of lotion bar: At least 2 ounces. Size of lip balm: One ounce.
Ingredients in the Ritual Mischief offerings:
- Rest soap: Whidbey-grown (at Ritual Mischief) lavender, chamomile, and catmint infused in organic extra virgin olive oil, shea butter, organic coconut oil, castor oil, distilled water, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, purple clay, activated charcoal, and lavender and chamomile essential oils.
- Whidbey Forest Kiss lip balm. Ethically wild-gathered local windfall Douglas fir branches and native black cottonwood buds, plantain (Plantago lanceolata) leaves, and lemon balm leaves and soft upper stems infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, plus local beeswax from Hive Harvest, Shea butter, and one drop of organic castor oil per tin.
- Whidbey Lavender Rosemary Mint shampoo bar. Grown on Whidbey (at Ritual Mischief where no poison spraying happens) lavender, rosemary, and peppermint infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, organic coconut oil, shea butter, castor oil, sodium hydroxide, distilled water, sodium lactate, lavender and peppermint essential oils, tiny pinch of sea clay and Seattle-grown Japanese indigo. The indigo starts are from the lovely humans of Rainy Day Flora on Whidbey, then grown and then turned into powder by Gina in Seattle before coming to rest here.
- Lavender & Lemons dish soap bar. Organic coconut oil, our own Whidbey-grown (at Ritual Mischief) lavender infused into organic olive oil (6 to 8 weeks), sodium hydroxide, lavender and lemon essential oils.
- Beach Feet Relief lotion bar. Grown on Whidbey (here at Ritual Mischief) lavender, peppermint, spearmint, yarrow; comfrey leaf and flower gathered from nearby friends' land; and Usnea lichen (gathered off of windfall branches and the forest floor after windstorms here--never off of standing trees, living or dead) infused into organic extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter, local beeswax from Hive Harvest, and just a couple of drops per bar of lavender essential oil from Lavender Wind Farm on Whidbey.
Packaging: See the Packaging page of this website for details.
Medical Disclaimer: The information on this page is for general reference for further exploration and study. It is not intended as a replacement for professional medical advice. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. See the Medical Disclaimer page of this website for more details.